Artistas en residencia is a programme organised jointly by La Casa Encendida, CA2M Centro de Arte Dos de Mayo and, from 2020, MACBA, whose goal is to support creation and experimentation focused on performative work with the body. The programme is conceived to dovetail with the regular programme of LCE, CA2M and MACBA, and for this reason the projects chosen are those that best fit in with the art centres’ lines of research and experimentation. Artists in Residence also provides an opportunity to strike up a dialogue between creators and other agents associated with the art centres and their respective programmes.
This year the call received a total of 381 projects. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in the call and for sending us their projects. The artists selected for the Artists in Residence 2020 programme are:
- PABLO ARAYA QUIROS: VENENO (trash)atlán(tica)
- CLARA BEST: Musuq Kawsay Tusuy Pacha / El nuevo tiempo de vivir bailando
- LUZ BROTO: Duplicar órdenes
- JACOBO CAYETANO GARCÍA FOUZ: LAS COSAS
- CLARA GARCÍA FRAILE: El Tiempo de la Revolución
- DAMIÁN MONTESDEOCA Y AMAIA BONO: La repetición
- SOFÍA MONTENEGRO: Relámpago: Agitar con Fuerza
- AMARANTA VELARDE: Estancias Acústicas
- INICIATIVA SEXUAL FEMENINA: La mártir Felicitas
Due to the large number of projects we received, we are not able to reply to all applicants who presented projects to the call, but we wish to thank each and every one for their participation.
The 8-week residency is divided between two of the three sites: La Casa Encendida, CA2M and MACBA. The times and work spaces shall be agreed in function of the needs of the project and the availability of space at the respective art centres.
With the support of
Artistas en residencia is a programme organised jointly by La Casa Encendida, CA2M Centro de Arte Dos de Mayo and, from 2020, MACBA, whose goal is to support creation and experimentation focused on performative work with the body.